- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large red onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 1/2 broccoli head separated into florets
- small handful green beans (2-3cm pieces)
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 potato cubed
- 250g fresh ricotta
- 3 small eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flat parsley, finely chopped
- 50-100g feta (white cheese blocks), crumbled
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Melt the butter in a frypan and cook the onion slowly for ~5-10mins until it is transparent then place in a large mixing bowl.
- Wilt the spinach, then squeeze out as much liquid as possible before adding to the bowl.
- Steam the cubed potato for ~8mins till soft but not fully cooked. Add to bowl.
- Steam the broccoli and green beans for ~3mins till al dente. Add to bowl.
- Combine ricotta, eggs, seasonings, parsley, and feta in another mixing bowl and mix well. Add to the vegetables and gently combine (try not to break up the potato).
- Cook for 40-50mins till set.
Inspired by https://www.abc.net.au/radio/brisbane/mixed-vegetable-freeform-tart-with-cheese-pastry/12562296