Sourdough cinnamon scrolls
Based on recipe from scandikitchen
- 175g spelt flour
- 50g sourdough starter
- 100ml cold milk
- 30g butter melted then cooled a little
- 1g cardamon
- 1g salt
- 20g fine sugar
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 ground clove (optional)
- 20g butter (soft)
- 20g white sugar
- 20g brown sugar
- 5g cinnamon
- pinch of cardamom
- couple drops vanilla essence
- mix everything together to form a dough.
- let rest in cool place for 30min.
- knead until dough is smooth and elastic (5-10min).
- put in sealed container and leave in fridge overnight.
- remove from fridge and roll into a rectangle about ~1/2cm thick.
- in a bowl, mix the filling together until smooth.
- spread the filling evenly on the dough.
- roll the dough like a scroll.
- cut into even pieces (can use floss).
- pre-heat oven to ~180c.
- let proof for ~1 hour at 30c before baking.
- wash with beaten egg.
- bake for 10-20min.
- remove from oven, sprinkle some walnuts on the scrolls then place a wet tea towel over the tray for 5-10min.