Brioche burger buns
- 1 1/2 cups fine spelt flour.
- 1/2 cup warm water (~50c).
- 1 tbsp sugar.
- 1 tbsp softened butter.
- 2 tbsp milk.
- 1 tsp active yeast.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 large egg beaten.
- combine water, sugar and yeast. Mix and let bloom.
- mix in salt, flour and half of the egg to form a dough.
- add flour as needed to make dough just workable (dough should still be quite sticky).
- knead for 10-15 minutes.
- let dough rest until it doubles in size (1-2hrs).
- divide dough into 4 equal balls and set on baking paper.
- let rest for another 1-2hrs.
- preheat oven to 200c.
- mix 1 tsp of water with remaining egg.
- paint dough with egg wash.
- add water in a dish to bottom of oven.
- bake for ~15min or until golden brown.